ACM, with the support of several SIGs, is putting on a Turing Centenary event in June. Student scholarships are available to attend the event; see below for details.
Call for Nominations
ACM SIGCOMM Student Scholarships for
ACM Turing Centenary Celebration
15-16 June 2012
Palace Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Nomination Deadline: 30 April 2012
ACM SIGCOMM has a limited number of $1K scholarships to award to worthy students to attend the ACM Turing Centenary Celebration 15-16 June 2012 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, CA. $500 of the award must be used to cover 2 nights stay at the Palace Hotel. The remaining balance will go toward travel expenses.
* Submission Deadline: 20 April 2012.
* Notification of Awards: 30 April 2012.
* ACM Turing Centenary Celebration 15-16 June 2012
A nominee must be an ACM student member/member at the time of nomination. Note: Postdoctoral students are welcome to apply.
A nomination should consist of the following items:
1. Name, address, phone number, and email address of the person making the nomination (the nominator).
2. Name, address, phone number, and email address of the candidate for whom the scholarship is recommended (the nominee).
3. A short statement (200-500 words) explaining why the nominee deserves the scholarship.
Nominations and questions should be submitted to:
Bruce Davie, Chair, ACM SIGCOMM